Friday, January 27, 2012

blog #4

1. I hate research papers, ive never been good at them and ive never really enjoyed them. Usually because the topics arent interesting, even if we get to pick the topic there is always something boring about research papers. I like papers where i get to write freely not papers where we have to write facts and information.

2. Though i hate research papers i do like doing research. One of my favorite websites in IMDB. Whenever i watch a movie or a TV show i always IMDB it to see how the actors are. I like to see how old they are or if they have been in something else ive seen. IMDB also has like facts about the actors too and i find those really interesting. Besides that like our prompt said i do facebook stalk, but lets be honest, who doesnt facebook stalk. Its kind of the point of facebook.

So i guess i dont hate the research part of research papers, i just hate writing about it.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I would rather freely write about a topic than be assigned a topic or even picking my own and writing about facts, I would rather write a story about myself or even a make believe one. I hate researching and citing everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that writing without using a lot of research is easier and more enjoyable. Doing research can make writing boring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You stated it perfectly: the research isn't so bad, it's the writing! I love to read about things, but I certainly don't have the urge to write about them. Also, I love IMDB. I probably go on there at least once a week just to see if any of my favorite actors are coming out with a new film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very amusing to say that IMDB is my most visited site in my internet history along with Google. Even to an extent where my friends call me a "portable imdb" for how much I use that site.

    The writing process of a research is not my favorite part but researching is pretty fun, especially when the sources are all interesting and you end up knowing a lot more than you imagined.

    ReplyDelete